The inaugural 2020 event was a tremendous success, with entries all over Cape Town and even as far afield as Witbank. We were able to offer sailing therapy to 70 disadvantaged and vulnerable children, giving them a chance to experience the magic of sailing.
We had some great celebrities who came along for the fun and they include Siya Kolosi , Nik Rabinowitz , Scarra Ntubeni, Yaaseen Barnes, Majozi , Ryan Stramrood , George Kypros, Josh Riley, Matt Bromley , Mickey February, Liezel van der Westhuizen, Deon Bing, Tanya Nefdt and Frank Solomon. We value and appreciate their support for our first ever CHALLENGE!
We were able to deliver value to our sponsors and charities this year with PR Coverage of over R5.3 million. Read the full PR Report HERE
Thank you to all the entrants and for all the supporters who so generously helped our 14 charities to raise over R240 000.
- Most Kilometers Sailed – Thomas Henshilwood, age 11, 35 km
- Longest time in an Optimist – Blake Pittaway – 24 hours non stop
- Most Extreme Challenge: PE NSRI Team – 12 nautical miles in 1 day
- Most Money Raised – February family for Sharkspotters
- Best Photo of you in your Optimist – Ryan Stamrood
- Best Spirit Award – Witbank crew
- Youngest sailor – Seth Bruyns age 5
- Oldest sailor – John Lazarus – age 83 years